Vacancy Announcement - Conservation Director
If you want the Guianas to be a beacon of hope for the world, you can help by joining WWF to lead its conservation teams to design and implement its programme of work in Suriname and Guyana.
As Conservation Director, you will lead the technical programmes in Suriname and Guyana. You will represent and effectively communicate the interests of WWF-Guianas and organise and support the creation and establishment of alliances with local, national, regional, and global actors at public and private levels for the strengthening of the programme across the Guianas. You will contribute to the design and will implement the integrated strategic plan of the programme, ensuring technical coherence. You will help establish fundraising priorities, organise, and implement fundraising strategies, actively work on fundraising for the strategy and propose and organize the design of proposals, and the programme project pipeline.
POSITION NAME: Conservation Director
REPORTS TO: Regional Director
LEVEL: Director Level
JOB FAMILY: Programme
SUPERVISES: Conservation Teams in Guyana and Suriname
LOCATION: Based in Paramaribo, Suriname with time in Georgetown, Guyana
START DATE: We wish to fill this vacancy at the earliest opportunity.
Highlights of responsibilities include:
- Managing and, in collaboration with the Regional Director, taking responsibility and giving strategic direction to designated conservation activities.
- Serving as a strategic partner with the public and private sector, academia, and other entities ensuring strong and dynamic relationships.
- Leading the conservation activities of WWF-Guianas, through the design and implementation of strategies derived from the Strategic Plan of WWF Guianas that help to create inclusive green economies in Suriname and Guyana.
- Contributing to the strategic vision of the conservation and sustainable management of land and marine landscapes of the Suriname and Guyana.
- Working closely with the Regional Director and the Country Manager for Guyana, establish fundraising priorities, promoting and coordinating the procurement of financing for the programme, and actively working on raising funds to sustain WWF's technical activities.
- Keeping up to date on key issues and trends in social, political and economic developments that will have an impact on conservation in Suriname and Guyana.
- Monitoring and evaluating the multi-year strategic workplan of WWF-Guianas against programme strategy, alignment with WWF’s global goals and targets, and in keeping with national and regional priorities.
- In coordination with the Guyana Country Manager directing and taking responsibility for the preparation of technical and financial reports.
- Representing and effectively communicating WWF Guianas vision, mission, and strategy to all stakeholders, targeting communication on conservation programme and funding needs.
- Representing WWF in public appearances, whether it is in media or as a speaker at events.
- Supporting the Regional Director in the management of WWF’s Environmental and Social Safeguards Framework (ESSF) ensuring the management of risk in the overall portfolios and that safeguards are implemented to WWF standards on all projects within defined landscapes and seascapes.
Interested candidates should submit their application letter and CV electronically to: email@example.com
The application deadline is January 31, 2022