Assistant Programme Coordinator – Sustainable Forest Livelihoods for Communities in Suriname and Guyana
WWF is one of the world’s leading NGO’s in conservation with a presence in more than 100 countries and more than 5 million supporters worldwide. In the Guianas, WWF is the premier conservation organization that works at a regional level. Together with the people of Suriname and Guyana we strive to conserve our natural heritage for human wellbeing for now and for generations to come.
We are driven by the WWF Core Values:
Courage, integrity respect and collaboration
Position title: Assistant Programme Coordinator, Sustainable Forest Livelihoods for Communities of Guyana and Suriname
Reports to: Programme Coordinator, Sustainable Forest Livelihoods for Communities of Guyana and Suriname
Location: Paramaribo, Suriname OR Georgetown, Guyana
Start date July 2023
Brief Summary of Position
Through funding from the European Union (EU), WWF Guianas and under the supervision of the French Development Agency (AFD) WWF-Guianas is executing a 4-year Sustainable Livelihoods Project in Suriname and Guyana. The project has entered a 9-month inception phase commencing the end of the first quarter of 2023. The Assistant Programme Coordinator will,
- Support the programme coordinator who is the primary point of contact with the donor.
- Within the country of residence, lead the project implementation in collaboration with the programme coordinator, including building positive relations with the project team, project partners, consultants, and beneficiaries.
- In collaboration with the programme coordinator provide strategic oversight, including implementation of environmental and social safeguards and proactive management of risk, ensuring project delivery in accordance with the annual detailed workplan and the project results framework that is approved by the AFD.
- In collaboration and under the guidance of the programme coordinator, provide day to day supervision and overall management of the project in the other country of residence.
- Support the programme coordinator in the design, updating, and implementation of a monitoring and evaluation system to measure project performance to meet established KPIs (Key Performance Indicators).
- Support programme coordinator in all aspects of donor reporting, to ensure that reporting meets all quality assurance checks set out by WWF and by the donor.
- Manage the project staff in the country of residence. This requires strong, active and deep supervision and management to ensure that staff share the same vision for the project and contribute meaningfully and fully to the project outcomes.
- Support programme coordinator in the process of recruitment and management of consultants, and formal engagement of partners to ensure efficient project execution in keeping with the vision and outcomes of the project.
- Collaborate closely with the WWF-Guianas team, supervising the work of team members assigned to the project in the country of residence, and providing feedback and advice to the Conservation Director on their contribution to the project.
- Integrate into the WWF-Guianas Technical Team as a team player and contributor to the programme’s annual outcomes.
- Lead the design, execution and management of regional project engagements that occur in the country of residence in close collaboration with the WWF representative in the respective country.
For the full Job Description please go to the link: full vacancy text assistant
For a full description of the project, or any clarifying questions, please contact Maureen Menasse at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE SEND APPLICATIONS via EMAIL using the following email address: email@example.com
with the following email address in carbon copy: firstname.lastname@example.org.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED NO LATER THAN MAY 31 FOR CONSIDERATION.