Our Corporate Engagement
This WWF Office has not been involved in a formal partnership with a corporate partner this year. However, it is important to note that WWF, as a global network organisation, works with the corporate sector in the majority of its offices, and has committed itself to publically report these engagements.
Why WWF works with business
• promote better production and responsible sourcing of raw materials;
• encourage a switch to 100% renewable energy and away from fossil fuels;
• engage jointly on public policy;
• support the equitable sharing of natural resources;
• redirect financial flows to support conservation and sustainable ecosystem management;
• raise awareness of the need to consume more wisely; and
• protect some of the world’s most ecologically important places.
What we focus on
How do we work with business?
In general, WWF works with companies in three ways:
1. Driving sustainable business practices We use bilateral partnerships to change practices throughout a company’s operations and value chain.
2. Communications and awareness raising activities We raise awareness of key environmental issues and mobilise consumer action.
3. Philanthropic relationships We raise money through these relationships for the conservation of key places and endangered species