WWF Guianas is looking for a suitable candidate for the position of Conservation Director
The Conservation Director supports the Suriname Country Representative in providing organizational vision and leadership for delivering high impact conservation outcomes and assists in representing WWF Guianas to key audiences. He/she leads the Suriname Conservation Team, is part of the Guianas Senior Management Team, and maintains active relations in the region, the global WWF network and larger conservation community to strengthen the Guianas Conservation Program.
- Assist the Suriname Country Representative in the planning, development, coordination, implementation and evaluation of the WWF Guianas’ Conservation Program, with a lead role in Suriname (80%) and oversight role across the three Guianas (20%);
- Directs and takes responsibility for implementation of conservation activities of WWF in Suriname within policies, procedures and standards set by WWF US, LAC and WWF International;
- Coordinates the development of new projects, programs, initiatives and partnerships, ensuring adequate inputs from the Technical Coordinators, other officers, consultants and relevant stakeholders as well as WWF’s global communities of practices;
- Leads the timely preparation of semi-annual and annual reports to the WWF Network and relevant donors for WWF project activities in the Guianas;
- Develop and coach the multidisciplinary conservation team.
- MSc degree or higher in related field;
- Strong leadership skills and demonstrated success in program design, implementation and management;
- Eight years of field experience in Suriname, the Latin America and Caribbean region or similar geographic region;
- Proven and relevant experience in managing large and complex programs;
- Ability to evaluate large scale and multi-facets initiatives, and to synthesize and apply recommendations from a wide-range of fields and experiences.
Closing date for applications: 3rd of March, 2018
Henck Arronstraat 63 Paramaribo, Suriname | Telephone:+597 422357
Invitation for Bids to develop a Participatory 3-D Model (P3DM of the Exclusive Economic Zone (EEZ) of Suriname as part of an EU-funded project
Please send your bids by MIDNIGHT 20 February 2018 Suriname time.
Please find the Terms of Reference on the right.